Selling Your Business
Are you wondering how to value a small business? As a small business owner, your approach to selling your company may be fundamental in achieving the maximum sales price with long-term security. Our small business valuation calculator helps you reach reasonable business valuations for your company by allowing you to set fair and competitive prices.
In order to sell your business as smoothly as possible, it is important to ensure the following:
- Contact a Business Broker. A broker can be found in the Yellow Pages directory under “Business Brokers”. To ensure you select the best one, you’ll want to interview 3 or 4 to determine the best cost for the valuation services. Make sure to ask for a market proposal from each and ensure proper infrastructure exists. Once you have determined the best course of action on how to value a small business, you’re on your way to a successful sale.
- Use our small business valuation calculator and software to set a fair selling prices that are agreed upon by you and your Business Broker. Valuing a company through the use of our small business valuation calculator will ensure you’re listing realistic market prices that maximize your company’s value.
- Compile necessary information to develop a business profile for potential buyers. Information should include:
- 3 years of company financial statements - these statements allow a buyer to see the profit trends of your business
- Marketing materials to promote your company’s products/services
- Asset list to give a detailed breakdown of the company’s capital
- Business valuations report from our small business valuation calculator
- Terms of any existing contractual obligations
- Meet with the buyers and review all offers.
- Once the offer has been agreed upon by you and the buyer, it is important to work with them regarding their conditions of buying the business and your conditions of selling it
- Transition your business to the new owner with important customer and employee relationships, training, and operations of the business.
Our small business valuation calculator helps guide you through the process of how to value a small business. By conducting business valuations to determine your company’s worth, you can ensure you get a fair price for your business.